What's new

Windows Lite OS

wizard

Microsoft is reportedly working a toned down version of Windows named Windows Lite OS. According to reports, it will target low end PCs and laptop which will compete with Google Chromebook.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason

Yes i read that in a blog, man finally they are doing something useful. Lets see how the development goes.

Jason

I don't want anything, i want the OS be lite and secure.

Trinkets

Which Windows 10 is obviously not. I agree that it is not light, but I think it is as secure as we get in the mainstream.

wizard

Considering the adoption rate, Windows will always be less secure to use than other OS. Malwares will target more due to huge no. of users for Windows.

Jason

Windows is the most used OS, why not they add a good security software along with it.

Trinkets

Since it is widely used, it is targeted by skilled hackers. Hard to block when a variety of attacks occur. Also not every Windows user is a pro.

Jason

Hmm i agree with you, like Linux they can stop users from having root access. This way files won't be altered by unknown programs.

Trinkets

Windows offer normal user account. But non pro users mostly use an Administrator account as their primary account.

Jason

In Linux for installing an application it asks for password, then it installs. I feel this is a safe way to address harmful applications.