What's new

Whats next after quitting webmaster

Jason

In the coming days i think i might quit webmaster life. I like running websites but that caused too much mental damage and i think i better stop running sites.

What can be done next. Help other forum as member? Totally quit Webmaster life and go offline.?

Last edited by a moderator:

Trinkets

A decision only you can take. Ask yourself what you want to do. If you can afford to do that, go ahead.

Jason

My incompetence in running a forum and making it successful is one of the reason. Good i can be part of another forum and help them.

wizard

Hire a partner then. A lot of qualified mods are there who would like become admin.

Jason

Yeah i understand, if it is a general forum or forum where international users are welcomed then it is fine. But my forum is an Indian Forum so finding an Indian mod/partner is little tough.

wizard

Go to other Indian forums, make friends and then politely ask them.

Jason

Ok, i will check the forums available online and do the needful.

wizard

You can offer them money. A lot of webmasters hire mods of popular forums to their own forum.

Trinkets

You just lack motivation in my opinion. A little pat on the back when you feel dejected. Keep your friends close.

wizard

Moderator poaching is a very big headache for admins for big forums. Most of those mods are capable of running forums all by themselves. But lack technical knowledge to run a forum.

Trinkets

There are many admins who are actually back-end admins. They are not owners, but will be potential managers for any type of community.

Jason

@Trinkets Right at the point, yes i do lack motivation and very few friends of mine are interested in forums and but the friends who are interested making me run.

Trinkets

It happens to all of us who spend a lot of time in front of PC. Go out, take a walk. See the difference.

Jason

Understand Trinkets, i am thinking of taking time off my site for longer interval and take a walk and see the difference.