What's new

Website for Startup

wizard

What do you think is the best way for a startup to have a website ? Does free options do well ? What do you use / recommend ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Trinkets

I won't say pre-hosted solutions are a bad idea. Make sure they don't put ads on it. There are many services where you can pay a small amount a great website with almost no effort.

wizard

What about WordPress ? I think that is the most easier and budget friendly method. Also, considering how the things are now, you can make a great website with zero coding knowledge.

Trinkets

WordPress is a good option. But personally, I will craft one myself using Bootstrap or some Material design framework. But yes, WordPress should work great.

Jason

As Trinkets said, it is better to have our own code and work on it rather than relying on WordPress

wizard

You know, startups have limited budget. They can use the money on a lot of things than paying a developer.

Jason

Yes they do have limited budget, but once they have grown and transitioning from WordPress to their preferred platform/design will be slightly difficult right?

Trinkets

You can do almost any design on WordPress. The only downside is, it is heavy.

Jason

By design i mean, adding modules, changing the setup of the site extra. WordPress can do but the site from developer will be easy right