What's new

Voice Typing

wizard

When you make use of websites or apps through your smart phone, do you use the option to voice type ? If yes, does it work as you intend ?

Google Keyboard has voice typing since ages.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trinkets

I use it randomly. Where grammar does not matter. The formatting is not good either.

It is ok only when you need to search something. It has not grown mature beyond that.

wizard

ha ha. That is exactly why I don't use it while composing an email through Gmail. Even WhatsApp messages gets distorted.

Trinkets

It works, but needs more to be done to replace regular typing. But it is still a boon when your hands are busy and you want to type something.

Lammchen

I haven't used voice typing. Years ago I bought software for my dad because he's a two finger typist and he didn't care for it because it didn't catch all of his words.

How long does it take software to recognize your voice and your accent if you have one?

wizard

How long does it take software to recognize your voice and your accent if you have one?
Google's voice assistant is very good at recognizing your voice and accent. Mainly because they are used in a variety and wide no. of devices. They have so much data to read on it is almost spot on compared to other services.