What's new

Upcoming changes!

Malcolm

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Webmasters,

Over the last couple of days I have been coming up with ideas to help improve AdminWeb. I’m currently focusing on forum software, content and appearance. I believe these are very important and will be making changes in the near future.

AdminWeb is currently using WoltLab burning boards, I originally had intentions of leaving it as is, but due to performance and more features I have decided that we will switch to XenForo forum software within the next couple of weeks.

We have been getting some feedback and suggestions regarding content such as guides and tutorials. The staff team will work together to try to get this content out to you as soon as possible.

And finally, appearance, I will be working to create a new logo and theme that suits AdminWeb. The style and logo is what people see first when they come to AdminWeb and I believe we should have something unique that draws guests in.

I would like to thank all of you for your continued feedback and suggestions. Keep it coming

UPDATE: Due to the current version of Burning Boards we are unable to update at this time. I have switched AdminWeb.ORG to a new server, which so far appears to be much faster. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Trinkets

Nice that you are bringing in enhancements. I hope it will improve AdminWeb in future. Best of luck.

Jason

Oh great to know that, give the converter a try using offline methods. And looking for the theme to be added.

Trinkets

Which version of Xenforo are we moving to ? Will there be a custom theme ?

Malcolm

Administrator
Staff member
Which version of Xenforo are we moving to ? Will there be a custom theme ?
We will be moving to XenForo 2.1. As for the custom theme, I'm currently still looking into what options there are.

Jason

Hmm Xenfocus has some good theme , do give them a try.

Malcolm

Administrator
Staff member
I like the Uniform theme made by them, but that is my choice.

@wizard Hmm i seen few light themes too, they are really good.
I recently just bought uniform light and dark. I currently have it installed on my development server, looks very nice!

Jason

Hmm it is better to have a poll to see how many like the theme.

Malcolm

Administrator
Staff member
Just a heads up.. Sometime next week we will have devs working to migrate to XenForo, please expect downtime.

Jason

Good to hear that, keep us updated on timeline and the progress of the transition.