What's new

Operating System

Sumesh

Mobile operating systems like android samsung use another Os Tizen. What about the comparison between android and tizen os

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason

For some reason i hate Samsung phones and i have never heard about Tizen OS. Their Skin (for Android Phones) has recently got better, before it sucks to the core.

Trinkets

Tizen didn't make into a lot of phones. Samsung doesn't want to be tied to Android. That is why they teamed with Intel for Tizen OS. I think it is dead now. There have been no phones on Tizen since Samsung Z2 which was overpriced.

If I remember correctly their Gear Fit smart watches runs on Tizen, not Android Wear.

Sumesh

Which is the upcoming version od Android OS?. Any hint?

Sumesh

what about the latest version of Windows 10 operating system.

Trinkets

Microsoft announced that Windows 10 will be the last Windows they will ever release. But they are giving feature updates every now and then.

wizard

Their latest update come with a dark mode. Just like Mac OS Mojave.

Jason

OMG they too copied it now. Linux seems to be the backbone for it.

wizard

Unlike Windows and Mac, Linux takes feedback from users. I myself has made at least 10 suggestions which were considered by Ubuntu. There was a guy who made an app out of my suggestions. Can we say the same about Mac and Windows. It is almost impossible for normal people like use to give them suggestions.

Trinkets

I tried Fedora 29 yesterday. It has Gnome. Felt just like Ubuntu. It is possible that there are lesser apps than Ubuntu. I hope one day I will try it on one of my main machine, because it is very useable if you have used Gnome.

wizard

I wanted to try Arch Linux. Read somewhere that Linux Mint will be based on Arch Linux soon. They are ditching Ubuntu.

Jason

Arch Linux installation process seems to be difficult itseems. But there are numerous installation guide. It will be good if Linux Mint be based on it. Then i can also do a switch.

@Trinkets

Do you like Gnome, for some reason i don't like the desktop environment.

Trinkets

Do you like Gnome, for some reason i don't like the desktop environment.
I have a neutral opinion about it. In the end, I prefer the comfort of Cinnamon. But I don't despise Gnome either. It is very usable. I like how they deal with the Activities button. Windows should have something like that.

With proper themes, Gnome is a very good DE.

Jason

@wizard

No i haven't used Arch, but seen few videos. You can do almost anything with the OS and people call it the Hackers OS.

wizard

There was a website where I compared a few distros. It rates Ubuntu as a beginner OS and Arch Linux as Advanced.

Jason

Yes, it is Advanced and you need to know what you are doing not an easy one. Distrowatch.com is a good site to know about different distros.