What's new

Operating System

Jason

I agree, but yesterday i tried Solus OS and the live demo was superb and it had no lag. I used the same pendrive, but Linux mint lags badly

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason

@Sumesh It is the next version of HDD, but works really fast. Take the example of memory card in phone, old memory card types read/write slowly. But the latest MicroSD cards read/write very quickly.

Trinkets

Is there any method to disable updates in Windows 10 ? I am fed up of it.

Jason

Is there any method to disable updates in Windows 10 ? I am fed up of it.
Ha ha ha ha, you can't i think. Windows 10 doesn't allow to disable the updates. You can try disabling the update policy in gpedit.msc

Jason

I have a slight confusion, whether to stick with Windows 10, or install Solus OS or Linux Mint.

wizard

With Windows, you can do all your work. There is no issues with it. Others can be used for learning than a work OS. Not that you can't do things, but there is a good learning curve if you are new to it.

Jason

Agree totally agree, my gaming and computer usage has come down. I have Nvidia 1050 graphic card, 160GB HDD and i3 3rd Gen processor.

Nowadays i use my PC for video streaming and few downloads. So i think Linux will do a good job for me.

Jason

@Trinkets It does support Flash and i tried Solus OS live using USB, and it works without any issue. The only issue i face is screen tearing.

Jason

Hmm i see, i don't use Hotstar. I finally installed Linux Mint and day 1 not ended i get the feeling to switch to Windows 10

Trinkets

day 1 not ended i get the feeling to switch to Windows 10
ha ha. Grass is always greener on the other side. Once you use an OS for too long, you will hate switching from it.

If you want to understand Linux Mint, trying using it for a month or so. So the the switch dizziness will ware off.

Jason

Took the decision to hold onto Linux Mint for a while, let see how it goes. Hope Linux Mint takes care of all my needs

Trinkets

Hope Linux Mint takes care of all my needs
It is an advanced OS. Comes in league with Windows and Mac. You might not find everything you want, but you will be able to do most of things that you do with other 2 OS.

Jason

Hmm, i changed my distro to Solus OS and it is very nice. I don't know how long this distro is going to stay!

wizard

Looks like you are on a learning spree. Can you tell us about Solus OS. What is the good and the bad ? Does it use Gnome Desktop ?

Jason

Solus uses 3 Desktop (Budgie, Gnome and Mate) i am using Budgie and it their own desktop version and it is very good. Very neat, Windows like appearance. And good no of softwares are pre-installed. No lag or performance issue till now