What's new

Libre Office

wizard

Libre office is one of the best, free, open source MS Office alternative. Their version 6.2 now comes with optional tabbed interface as in MS Office

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HUnR5IoAQk

Last edited by a moderator:

Trinkets

As good as MS Office. Even better in some area. Savings are huge as well. No need to renew license every now and then. There is also WPS office if you want an alternative.

Libre Office now support authoring ePub format. We can already create PDF s for free using it.

wizard

It comes pre-installed in a lot of Linux distros. Other than that, it is available for Windows as well.

Jason

Yup, this way Libre office has reached many users.

Trinkets

I think it is a better option than MS Office in many counts. Mainly for its support for localisation. Their features video itself has subtitle in 17 languages.

wizard

I can contribute too. But sadly, they do not have a forum to work with them.

Trinkets

They use launchpad. There are no developer level forum for Libre office that I know of.

wizard

It is time they start one. It would be very helpful to a lot of people who wish to interact or contribute to a particular project.

wizard

After version 6.2, there is be no 32 bit support by Libre Office.

Jason

They have a support forum i believe not a developer forum.

Trinkets

AskUbuntu is a very helpful community. I am not sure about AskLibreOffice. Tried once, I guess.

wizard

With every new version, more features would be added. But yes, you are right, most of the common questions would have answers already.