What's new

Joomla

wizard

Joomla is a free and open source CMS that's been around since some time. They have a reputation of being user friendly and popular at the same time. It is not hard to ask someone in the web development field about Joomla and not to get help. People would have tried it at some point of their career. Joomla a great ecosystem around it. Themes, frameworks, plugins, modules, addons and a whole lot of things you can add on top on the core CMS

https://www.joomla.org/

Joomla says it's SEO ready. I don't see why they are not considering that it is one the CMS that Google might actually know about and react to it. Joomla has a very helpful community around them who will help you out when you are in trouble. You don't have to pay for it as well. Apart from official Joomla community, there are a lot of places where you can get help for Joomla

https://community.joomla.org/joomla-training.html

The above link is an official Joomla resource for training in Joomla

Sadly, Joomla comes only second to WordPress which runs around half the websites on the web. That is reason for it. WordPress is more straightforward than Joomla in the back-end. But that said, I believe Joomla can do more than WordPress when it comes to functionality.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trinkets

I have used Joomla for a couple of my frienda. Helped them set up their niche websites.

wizard

v4.0 is almost due. It has a lot of hype already. Normally that is a sign of success/quality.

Trinkets

They add one thing or other with every major update. But the back end needs to get familiar if you want to use it seamlessly. Otherwise you will spend a lot of time trying to find the correct way to do things.

Skip that when you find out a lot of people actually love Joomla for the stuff it offers.

wizard

I have great hopes for Joomla 4.0. Will try it as soon as it become stable. I am thinking about setting up an online test website that hosting it locally.

Jason

He he hehe, i tried Joomla and i found it very difficult. Then i stopped learning about the software

wizard

Watch some tutorial on Google. You can do a lot more on Joomla than WordPress. Once you get the wind of the back-end, it is a breeze to deal with it.

Jason

Hmm i will try, as of now i don't have any project. If i am going to do something in future i will learn Joomla

wizard

There is a news for all those who use the word Joomla in their domain name. You will have to apply a for a 2 year limited license according to the trademark requirements. You can find more details below

We are informing every one to remember the requirements to be granted a limited license for two years. Which enables you to use the Joomla! name in their domain names, the logos, trademark and brandmark.

wizard

Joomla 3.9.3 security and bug fix update is now available for download.