What's new

Google limits IoT scope

wizard

According to new reports, Google has decided to focus its Internet of Things ( IoT ) efforts to just smart speakers and smart displays. ie, something like Google Home and Alexa devices. Initially the scope was much more wide with your fridge and oven possibly running with a version of Google Android or IoT.

I don't know what made Google take this decision. It could be that people think Google already knows too much about us. Whatever it may be, the current development is supposed to stay for some time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trinkets

That is it. It is not just people, governments too think that Google knows too much. It is a bad idea to let them inside our fridge and mixer grinder.

Jason

Do we really need these kind of gadgets. I am good with my phone and i don't own any other smart devices.

Trinkets

I know a lot of people who use Google Home or Amazon Echo for centralized control. They like giving voice commands to turn on the lights, play music and so on. Their personalised caretaker at home.

wizard

Like a virtual assistant at home. Someone like a human without the need to pay the salary

Trinkets

As in a house elf ? I think that is what people want.

Jason

So instead of we talking to humans we talk to machines and they know more about us than our family does.