What's new

Good theme a plus point?

Jason

Of course it is but do users really look in the theme if they get the solution or content they want in the website/forum. I understand poor navigation will surely screw things up but a default or plain theme put users off?

Last edited by a moderator:

Trinkets

I visit a few forums which run old vB for SEO reasons. Readability is not very good. But I still go there because of valuable content.

wizard

Content matters. But appearance too has a great part to play. If you have a bad theme, eventually, you will loose visitors. People do try to hang around comfortable feeling forums.

Trinkets

I agree. If possible, have a good theme wherever possible. But having a good theme only is not enough.

Jason

Many sites as Trinkets mentioned use old vB themes and their content is huge and they have lot of members. But same with so much style and upgrades loose members

Trinkets

Upgrades are often messy. It will cause disruption in one way or another. That is why many forums does not like to upgrade to a better software or theme.

Jason

I see, i upgraded my forum software from XF 1.5 to XF 2.1 and i don't find any free themes for the forum. Should have taken that into consideration