What's new

EmojiOne

wizard

EmojiOne came into smiley scene as an open source, free emoji pack. With time they have gone through a lot of changes. Both in terms of license and graphics. The emojis started looking more realistic and natural. As for changes with regard to the license, the author / team wanted to earn something from the project. I won't blame them. Other than SVG, PNGs are free even with their latest version. No one can put in a lot of work and give everything free. But, in the end, EmojiOne is no longer what it used to be.

Believe me, if you are trying to use it, and don't mind shelling out some money for your project, they are still a very good choice to you.

The latest news about EmojiOne is that they are coming up with version 4.0 on this August 21 st. Eagerly waiting for 4.0, and the license terms

(old_inline_attachment)

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

wizard

v4 to come with both realistic and water gun for Pistol emoji. EmojiOne gives credit to user feedback. It is good. Not every country has gun problems. Besides, it is all about creative freedom

(old_inline_attachment)

Trinkets

It is nice to have options. Water pistol is childish. But that is just representative. Also, emojis are never used in serious environments. They are mostly chat assistants.

wizard

Just a week more. They have reworked almost every Emoji. I saw some Microsoft guy boasting about his shark emoji. EmojiOne beats them by half a mile.

Jason

The Emojis look really great, waiting for their launch.

Trinkets

It will be sometime later today. Good luck @emojione

wizard

It's out

EmojiOne 4.0 has landed! Paired with a fresh new homepage, this release includes 2,827 emoji icons, most of which have been completely remastered. Now 100% Unicode 11 compliant. Without a doubt, our most ambitious release ever!

wizard

Want to see what is new in Unicode 11 for emoji ? There are 157 new additions. There is a good chance that you have not seen these emojis before, why ? Because they are brand new

(old_inline_attachment)
Source

Attachments

wizard

v 4.5 of EmojiOne will come out in January 2019. The wait is on.

Trinkets

With each version they claim to add more detail. For me, it is moving upwards in a realistic scale.

Jason

Wow very good improvement and the quality is very nice.

wizard

EmojiOne 4.5 is now available. Users with license to version 4 can access them for free

(old_inline_attachment)

Trinkets

Free version of 4.5 is not yet available for download. It could be because it was released today. I hope they will make the free version available soon.

wizard

Joy Pixels has been launched. Looks like EmojiOne is completely commercial with the new versions.

wizard

I went to JoyPixels and download the free version of 4.5 EmojiOne. As per license we can use it only under test or development environment. That confirms our doubt about the status of license about EmojiOne and JoyPixels. It is truly commercial now.