What's new

Emoji

wizard

Which one is your favourite emoji brand ? There aren't many to start with, but which project you lean on to when it comes to emojis ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Trinkets

EmojiOne is very popular. It used to be fully free and open source. With v 3.1 the owner has put some locks on the free part and modified the license.

SVGs and higher image sizes are not supported since v 3.0

wizard

I am a bit worried about the changing licenses of EmojiOne. I accept the fact that such awesome and time consuming project cannot be fully free, but there is some concern of it going paid as a whole. I really hope it does not get to that.

Trinkets

Try Twemoji. It's from Twitter. Free and open source. They update it for me Unicode additions.

wizard

Twemoji looks like a cool pack. There was mermaid and merman updates already available with the pack. I heard Diya lamp made it to next version.

Trinkets

Reactions has become a part of almost every rating system. When I go to a newspaper website, there also I can find emoji based rating system. They give further reading suggestions based on it.

wizard

Open source emoji packs has made adoption of emojis easier. That is one reason every platform has one. Earlier you need to draft each one custom.

wizard

230 new emojis in Unicode Emoji 12.0. Includes Hindu temple, sari, mechanical hand etc

https://youtu.be/4HJhBUIVul8

wizard

These new emojis will mostly make into phones and apps like WhatsApp this year.

wizard

News is that Australia will soon allow using Emojis in license plate. Crazy idea ??