What's new

Does voice search go up in 2019

wizard

Do you think with the influence of Assistants and Smart Home devices voice search with dominate 2019 ? Or text search will continue to rule ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Trinkets

I believe so. And we will have to prepare ourselves for long tail keywords as well.

More that smart devices at home, I think Google Assistant, Cortana, Siri etc will be the most traffic routing assistants through mobile. People don't want to type anymore. And voice typing has gone easy.

wizard

I think it is unwise to ignore Alexa. Amazon is selling a lot of home devices. They have a whole series of it, with and without video. You will have to work on your structured data scheme to make sure that it reads out your solution.

Trinkets

Alexa has its share, but it is not huge. Compared to smart phones and PC, its share is very limited. Mostly with advanced customers.

wizard

Agreed on that point. Alexa powered devices or smart home devices are not too many in number. Also, they work with other smart devices. So maybe other than weather, most of them would be switch on the lights, increase the volume etc

Trinkets

What if Ubuntu takes on their Amazon partnership to next level and use Alexa for voice search ? The whole thing would play out differently.

wizard

Will they ever do that ? I don't think so. That will be an even bigger controversy than allowing Amazon inside Ubuntu.