What's new

Do you go with Hosting Review sites

Jason

There are lot of Hosting Review sites where they recommend hosts with great stats and discounts. Do you believe in these and buy the hosting or never ever rely on it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Trinkets

I go there for an overview. Other than that, I don't believe a thing that is written there. Most of them are paid spam.

Jason

Yes, i see many bloggers and site recommend BlueHost as the best host. And in one or few blogs the author said it is because of the highest affiliate payout.

Trinkets

Isn't Bluehost and EIG firm ? EIG normally acquires hosts with good reputation.

Jason

I think so, it is always better to stay away from EIG company hostings

Trinkets

That is what a lot of people say. Luckily, I never tried one.

Jason

Nice, many good webhosting forums are there and the user reviews in that are unique and true.

Trinkets

Forum reviews are much closer to true. There is also paid crusade, but we get to know them easily.

Jason

I am a member in one of the forum and by that forum i did find my host.

TUNEDCLOUD

I would say as a hosting company breaking into the marketplace, with one of the top web hosting forums our advertisements are flagged and removed routinely, along with our tips helping forum posters with issues, etc..

Yet, their paid company members and advertising partners get to market on the site with no issues, breaking forum rules, etc., with no infractions for their behavior, we on the other hand play by the rules and get banned for 'infractions', a double standard for sure, amazing in its depth.

The top review sites are all run by super affiliates who are tied in with the companies they review, a few are good, such as hostadvice.com, they actually have real reviews and do not allow for removal with fee by companies with poor reviews, etc.

In short, this industry is full of scam artists and biased review sites, etc., be careful out there!