What's new

Discourse or Xenforo

wizard

I know there are a few things with Discourse that we all don't like much. Mainly the layout, hosting requirements etc. But Discourse has been feature rich than any other forum software at the moment. Do you think Discourse is better than Xenforo ? In my personal opinion, the end user has more features and a clean layout when you use Discourse.

Jason

I will go with Xenforo as it stays with the old layout style unlike Discourse and has a pretty good features a normal user needs.

wizard

I think it is safe to assume that backend of Discourse is more difficult for an average webmaster.

Trinkets

There are a lot of user appreciation trophies and badges in Discourse. You will feel like someone is taking care of you. That you will experience only if you are a member of a live forum and spend some time there.

Jason

Hmm but Xenforo also have this right. Plus when a topic goes to the bottom users won't know whether a similar topic was started right. And unlimited scrolling for a general forum will it work?

Trinkets

While there is a debate about the SEO aspects of unlimited scrolling, you will be seeing same no of posts even if there is pagination. Only difference is that there will be no page numbers at the end of the page.