What's new

Bootstrap

wizard

Bootstrap is still the best HTML + CSS framework out there to build quality websites with ease. They are free, open source and very powerful library of component which developers around the world rely on

https://getbootstrap.com/

If you don't know, you can build a website by simply copying and pasting certain snippets of code into your text editor. That, of course if all the dependencies are met. You can view the components before you use the code. It is pretty straightforward and easy to use framework.

A lot of framework came along the same line. But I am not sure anything grew to the popularity of Twitter Bootstrap. They are still on Github and widely supported by a huge community of volunteers.

Good luck Bootstrapping

Last edited by a moderator:

Trinkets

Bootstrap is one the well maintained open source projects of our time. There is a good amount of contribution is well. The team was boasting of some record in higher no. of PR and so on

I bet their toughest decision in v 4.1 was to leave out internet explorer. Because at that time, at least a significant minority used to be on IE

wizard

Which Bootstrap alternatives do you like ? There is Zurb foundation, PureCSS, UI Kit, Materialize, HTML5 Boilerplate, Skeleton, Gumby, Groundwork, Bootflat, Simple Grid, Ink etc

Trinkets

There are a lot of them choose carefully. If you need alternatives, do a background study and search for resposnive css grid.

wizard

Bootstrap 4.2.1 is now available. Another news is the version 5 will be staying on SaSS instead of earlier proposed PostCSS

Look out world, we’re shipping Bootstrap v4.2.1 with a slew of new features, bug fixes, and docs updates. On the new features side, we have spinners, toasts, switches, and (finally!) touch support in the carousel. That’s just the tip of the iceberg though.

wizard

Bootstrap not working as expected on target browsers ? Here is some advice

Need IE8/9? Use v3. Need IE10/11? Keep using v4. Don’t need IE10/11? Consider v5 whenever it comes :).

wizard

Malcolm

Administrator
Staff member
Bootstrap is great! Have you guys ever used Bootstrap studio?

Trinkets

No, I prefer to use it the hard way. Gives me more control over the elements and components.