Changing anything on a website is every webmaster's nightmare. These days, webmasters are forced to bring changes to working websites. Everything is working fine and you still have to do things to make your website running / valid. This is really hard on the people who manage things in the back end. If you have not already did, adding an SSL certificate can cause its own problems
- What are the usual complaints about HTTPS, and are they still true today?
- “But HTTPS certificates cost so much money!”
- “But switching to HTTPS will destroy my SEO!”
- “But “mixed content” is such a headache!”
- “But my ad revenue will get destroyed!”
- “But HTTPS is sooooo sloooow!"
There are so many questions. But Google has got you covered. You can try this official resource on how to move your website