I hope you are all aware that WhatsApp has introduced stickers into the messaging app lately. It has both iOS and Android version app support for custom stickers. ie, you can create your own set of custom stickers. For that, you will have to first make some images for stickers, pack them into an Android or iOS app ( for iPhone, iPad ) and then install it on your device. Once you have that app installed on your device, you can add it to your WhatApp through the installed app. In short, you will need
How to create your own Sticker app for WhatsApp - full guide + official tutorials
1. Sticker images
2. Build your own Sticker app
3. Upload it on Play Store or App Store
4. Install it on your device with a working WhatsApp ( Android phone, iPhone, iPad, tablet etc )
5. Export your stickers into WhatsApp from the app you built
Instead of giving your a very long guide, I will share official pre-made resources by WhatsApp with sample app codes and Github repo
Start from the above link which talks about sticker image guidelines, dimensions, size and conversion options. Once you have the images ready, use Android Studio or equivalent to build your app from one of the these sample apps from the repo
For Android :
For iOS :
In short, all you have do is make your own sticker images, add it to corresponding folders and then edit the necessary files to define it in the apps. Then you build it, use it locally on the phone using the APK or as iOS app. You can alternatively upload them to Google Play Store or Apple App Store and make it available to all. WhatsApp also provides an API for who are serious developers who wants to invest in stickers.
You can make your own sticker app if
1. You have some graphical skills
2. You know the basics about building an app in Android Studio or for iOS
3. You know how to circulate it and make it popular on Play Store and App Store.
Good luck, start building your own awesome stickers.