Sign in to follow this  
meetdilip

vB

I haven't been on a vB 5 forum since a while. A whole different experience. Everyone uses Xenforo and hence the monotony.

Same here! I forgot I had a license and thought to myself, why not give it a try? What do you think of it so far?

• Like 1

As I said, it felt nice because it is different. A small thing I noticed was notification bubbles don't go away themselves.

People talk a lot against and in favour of the latest vB versions and their SEO. I hope this version does not have any SEO complications. If not, all is good.

@Malcolm Have you considered using Discourse. There is a lot of adoption these days. It is very member interactive + inclusive. It is a free software but would need a VPS to work.

@Malcolm Have you considered using Discourse. There is a lot of adoption these days. It is very member interactive + inclusive. It is a free software but would need a VPS to work.

I have, want to but it really depends on what we want the community to have etc.

• Like 1

Discourse software is designed to give digital goodies to members. Badges and trophies mainly. Every now and then, they will give you something like Santa.

I know with XenForo and VB we can setup trophies to be given out when you reach this or achieve this etc.

• Like 1

I have been part of many XF and Discourse forums. Believe me, so far XF never felt me feel good like Discourse badges. But I will leave the decision to you. :)